About Hero University
Hero-U – The University for Heroes – inhabits an ancient castle on the coast of Sardonia. It is there that future Heroes – Warriors, Wizards, Paladins, and Bards – learn their trades. And then there are those other students, the ones who never quite fit in.
Those such as Shawn O'Conner.
Growing up in poverty, Shawn dreamed that joining the Thieves Guild would be his ticket to a better life. It seemed like his only choice until a mysterious stranger offered him another – Study at Hero-U and learn to use his talents to help others. Become a Rogue Hero instead of a Thief. It might even pay better.
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is an adventure role-playing game for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux computers. It combines turn-based, tactical combat and dungeon exploration with rich character interactions, challenging puzzles, and an immersive story.
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption features:
- • A rich story that changes based on the way you play
- • Characters with unique personalities and their own agendas
- • Tactical combat that is much more than “hack and slash”
- • Challenging puzzles that are an integral part of the story
- • Beautiful isometric and 3D art that illustrate the setting and action
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is currently under development. We plan to release it in Fall 2014. We will follow up with four additional Hero-U games – each following a different student in the University – releasing one game each year.
Shawn explores a fantasy environment, talks to people, and solves problems as in a graphic adventure game. Hero-U also features tactical turn-based combat. Additionally, Shawn, being a rogue, will be able to sneak, throw things, and lay traps. The QfG games were revolutionary for their time in their offering of multiple ways to solve a problem. In Hero-U, each combat will be a new oportunity to test your wits and improvisation skills.
Who We Are
Lori Ann Cole and Corey Cole have designed bestselling, critically-acclaimed games since the 1980's. They specialize in tales of heroism and in combining role-playing and adventure in their stories. Some of their past work includes:
- . The Quest for Glory series of role-playing adventure games
- • Castle of Dr. Brain, an educational puzzle game
- • Shannara, an adventure game based on the popular novels by Terry Brooks
- . The School for Heroes website - where students could apply their fantasy game skills to everyday life
The Coles founded Transolar Games, Inc. to continue their dream of bringing the ideals of heroism and their love of role-playing games to the world. Backed by over 6,000 supporters on www.kickstarter.com, Transolar Games and the Coles are currently developing the Hero-U game series.
Lori Ann Cole is a storyteller, artist, photographer, teacher, and game designer. She believes that learning should be fun and that we can all be heroes.
Corey Cole runs the company and writes web and game content. Occasionally he helps out with the programming. Our Rule #1: "The Player Must Have Fun!" We both love playing games and making them. Gaming for us is a shared adventure between us and our players.
Corey and Lori Cole have assembled a star development team featuring:
- • Programmers Jonathan Cheatham, Rob Eisenberg, and Jerry Shaw
- • Artists Terry Robinson, John Paul Selwood, Eric Varnes, Chris Willis, and Paul Bowers
- • Composer Ryan Grogan
- • Assistant Producer Christopher Fong
These people are all experienced, talented, and passionate about making Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption a great game.